Officejet Pro 6978 Unpack the printer from its packaging and keep the power cords ready to connect in its respective places. Now, place the cords firmly into the wall sockets so that there are no loose connections or any power issues with the devices. After connecting the cords, press the Home button on the left-hand corner of the printer.
123.hp.com/ojpro6978 – HP OfficeJet Pro Printer Setup
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 is a multi-functional printer targeted at college students and home offices. You can download the printer software from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 The mid-range printer boasts of a wide range of functionalities like
- Superior print speed: 18 ppm for monochrome prints and 10 ppm for colour prints
- 63 mm touch screen colour LCD panel
- Connections: USB, Ethernet, Wireless connections
- Input Paper Tray Capacity: 225 sheets
- Mobile Printing: ePrint, Air Print
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Unboxing
- Open the printer box and keep the flaps to the sides such that it doesn’t hinder the removal of content from the printer.
- Take out the installation CD, setup guides and troubleshooting guides. Keep them aside. The installation CD can also be used to download the software instead of installing the software from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978
- Next, take out the printer power cord and ink cartridges and keep them aside.
- Tilt the box and gently lay it on a hard surface.
- Gently, pull the printer out of the box by using the transparent plastic cover.
- Remove the transparent plastic covering and the Styrofoam caps on the sides of the printer.
- Now, peel away all the tapes on the surface of the printer and remove all the packaging materials from the surface of the printer, ink cartridge access area and the scanning area of the printer.
- Also, remove the transparent film from the reflective surfaces of the printer.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Initial Setup
Connect one end of the power cord into the rear of the printer and the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet. Switch on the printer by pressing the power button on the control panel. Once the printer stops making noise, it asks you to set the date and time. Enter the date and time and press Confirm. Next, the printer will tell you to enter its location. Enter the location of the printer and press Confirm again. This completes the Initial Setup of the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer. You can install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 only if you’ve installed the ink cartridges and loaded Unused paper into the Paper Tray.
123.hp.com/ojpro6978 – HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Ink cartridge Installation
Follow the steps given below to install ink cartridges for your printer. You can’t go forward with the installation of the software downloaded from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 if you haven’t installed ink cartridges and loaded unused paper.
- Use the cutouts on the left side of the printer to reveal the ink cartridge access area.
- Hold the cartridge by its sides and twist orange cap to remove it.
- Next, peel away the transparent film covering the copper-coloured contacts while making sure not to touch them.
- Place the cartridge into the slot such that the colour band on the cartridge matches the colour of the dot on the cartridge.
- Press on it slightly so that it snaps into place.
- Similarly, insert the other cartridges into the slots according to the colour and close the ink cartridge access area.
123.hp.com/setup 6978 – HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Loading Unused Paper
Open the Paper Tray and align a stack of papers on a surface. Slide the paper width guides away from each other. Check for any sort of foreign material like packaging material inside the Paper Tray. Insert the stack of papers into the paper tray and push the paper tray back into the printer. Make sure that you don’t fill papers above the dotted lines on the sides of the printer. Once the papers have been loaded, the printer automatically prints out a printer test report.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup Wizard
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Installing Software Driver
The Wireless Setup Wizard helps in connecting your printer to the network so that you can download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978
- Gather the Network Name and the password of the router.
- If there is any USB cable connected to your printer, disconnect it.
- Switch on your printer and router if they weren’t already switched on.
- From the Wireless menu, select the Wireless Setup icon.
- From the Wireless Setup icon, touch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer now begins searching for networks within its range.
- Select the name of the network that you want to connect to and enter the password.
- In case the printer isn’t connected to the network, bring the router within the range of the printer and try again.
- If you’ve connected the printer using a Wired connection, change the connection to Wireless by referring to the HP website.
- Make sure that your printer and system are switched on.
- Open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/ojpro6978
- Check if the software page has correctly detected your operating system and version.
- Click the basic software drivers or the full feature software drivers. If you download the full-feature software drivers, you can unlock the full functionality of the printer.
- Once the software is downloaded, click on it to run it.
- HP Easy Start Utility opens and extracts the required files for installation.
- If there’s an HP Auto-Connect option, enable it so that the installer completes the installation process all by itself.
- Read and agree with HP’s terms and conditions by checking the required box.
- This completes the download and installation of software from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 or 123.hp.com/setup 6978
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 ePrint service
The ePrint service lets you send print jobs to your HP OfficeJet Pro from any place in the world. Follow the steps given below so that you can set up the ePrint service on your printer.
Before setting up the ePrint service, make sure that the following requirements are met:
Your printer and computer are connected to the same network.
You’ve downloaded and installed the software from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 or 123.hp.com/setup 6978
The file that you’re going to attach should be no greater than 10 MB.
Note that the format of the document might be changed if it is going to be printed through the ePrint service.
- On the control panel of the printer touch the Setup icon.
- Scroll through the menu and select Web Services Setup.
- Read through the terms and conditions and agree to them to enable Web Services.
- If an Auto Update option appears, tap Yes so that the printer automatically checks for updates.
- As soon as the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints out an information page.
- Read the instructions on the page and follow them to complete the Setup.
- The printer information sheet has your printer’s e-mail address.
- To mail a document to your printer, simply attach your document and send it to your printer’s e-mail address.
- Make sure that you have entered a subject so that the printer doesn’t reject the print job.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Wireless Direct
Wireless Direct helps you send print jobs to your printer without connecting to any Wireless Network. You should have installed the software from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 or 123.hp.com/setup 6978 before printing documents using Wireless Direct. If you haven’t installed the printer software driver yet, you can use the Wireless Direct method instead of the Wireless Setup Wizard for the installation process. This method can be used even while the printer is connected to the system using a USB connection. Up to five devices can be connected at the same time.
Follow the steps given below to connect your printer using the Wireless Direct method.
- In the control panel of your printer, touch the Wireless Direct icon.
- Touch On to switch on HP Wireless Direct.
To view the HP Wireless Direct name of your printer, tap HP Wireless Direct name.
- Next, download the required app or software depending on whichever device you’re using to print your document.
- Then, switch on the Wi-Fi connection on your mobile. Once a list of available networks is displayed, connect your mobile to your printer by tapping the Wireless Direct name. Enter the password if you’ve enabled Wireless Direct with security.